Terms & Conditions
1. The project will be organised and administered by Edinburgh International Book Festival (the “Organisers”), and it is supported by EventScotland as part of the Year of Stories 2022.
2. The participation in this project is open to all. We welcome and encourage stories in every language spoken and/or used in Scotland today.
3. Participants must submit a story using the Scotland’s Stories Now submission form: ontheroad.edbookfest.co.uk/scotlands-stories-now-submit. To do so, participants need to be signed in to a Google Account. Accepted formats include writing, audio or video with a maximum file size of 10 MB.
4. If unable to use the online submission form, postal entries will be considered. Participants can send their submissions to the Edinburgh International Book Festival PO Box at PO BOX 23835, Edinburgh EH2 4WS.
5. If the story submitted is a writing piece, it must be no more than 500 words. If it is an audio or video, it must be no longer than 2 minutes. For any questions about the competition or the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Participants may submit only one story. Additional submissions from the same participant will not be featured.
8. Closing date for submission is 23:59 GMT on 3 April 2022. After this date, no further submissions will be accepted. The Organisers bear no responsibility for submissions not received for whatever reason.
9. All submissions must be the original work of the participant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The Organisers accept no liability if participants ignore these rules and participants agree to fully indemnify the Organisers against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
10. Submissions must not contain anything which is calculated to bring the Organisers into disrepute.
11. All stories will be submitted to a quality assurance process, in which the Organisers retain the right to not publish a story and/or amend spelling and grammar mistakes. Reviewed stories will be displayed on the Organiser’s Community blog, On The Road.
12. Participants retain the copyright to their entries but grant the Organisers a non-exclusive licence to use their submission for publication on the Edinburgh International Book Festival’s main website, On The Road, and official social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), as well as for any promotional purposes.
13. Submissions might also be shared in events and other promotional initiatives – in print and/or digitally – during or directly after the 2022 Edinburgh International Book Festival, which will take place from 13-29 August 2022.
14. Participants will not be compensated for submitting a story, financially or otherwise. However, should any submitted stories be featured during the 2022 Edinburgh International Book Festival, participants will receive free tickets to attend the Festival.
15. The Organisers reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this project at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control. In this event, a notice will be posted on the On The Road website and across the Organisers’ official social media channels.
16. The Organisers, their sub-contractors, and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
17. By submitting a story, the participant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland.